Information for Parents & Guardians
Section 1: The Maths Team Will Provide
- Commitment and hard work to help your child
- Focused support and guidance
- Assistance in preparation outside of school
- Homework each week, revision in weeks 5 and 6 for tests
- Year 11 will be provided with an exam paper fortnightly to complete in full
- Regular assessments to track progress
- Revision material during their final GCSE year (insturctions on how to purchase materials is emailed via parent pay . An order form is available to parents/guardians via parent pay)
- Revision and intervention sessions if your child falls below expectations
Section 2: Our Exam Board
- Currently Edexcel at all key stages
- Reviewed every year to ensure it provides the best for your child
- More information can be found at the boards website Edexcel's Website
- Provides support and guidance to students and parents. Follow links for mathematics.
Section 3: What Can Parents & Guardians Do?
- Ensure your child does their homework
- Contact your child's maths teacher if you have concerns
- Get them to balance your monthly budget, go shopping and get the best buy, plan your holiday/day out. Get them to stick to a budget, cost up the travel expenses.
- Buy a text book/revision guide providing the opportunity for independent study
- Monitor that they do some maths every week on top of any homeowork
2nd March 2018