St Anselm's Catholic School is designated as Specialist Resourced Provision (SRP) for students with Physical Disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Conditions, but we have the ability to support a wide range of needs from the four main categories:
- Cognition and Learning - including Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and other Specific Learning Difficulties.
- Speech, Language and Communication - including verbal processing difficulties and selective mutism.
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health - including Autistic Spectrum Disorders and other social communication difficulties.
- Sensory and Physical Difficulties - including visual and auditory impairments and varying levels of physical need.
Our team of Teaching Assistants provide support in the classroom and focused intervention to small groups and individuals.
Aims and Objectives
In line with the School’s Mission Statement, we seek to promote the academic, spiritual and social development of all students regardless of ability or additional need.
- make the curriculum as accessible as possible to meet the individual needs of each pupil.
- ensure all staff are aware of the different types of needs faced by our pupils, so that suitable provision can be made in their subject areas.
- implement additional support and intervention where necessary to assist pupils in overcoming learning difficulties.
- work closely with parents and carers and keep them informed of their child’s progress and the support in place for them.